Pauls Stradins Clinical University Hospital is the largest University Hospital and the leading centre in its field of specialization in the Republic of Latvia with a developed medical, scientific and educational base. The hospital is active in the international scientific activities and cooperates in the scientific research with countries like Switzerland, Finland, Germany, USA, France, Belgium, Japan, Israel, Sweden, Britain and others. The work of the Hospital combines clinical research and modern treatment in all areas of contemporary medicine.
We offer, in particular, medical, research and education services in the following areas:
- Cardiology and cardio surgery – a branch of the Hospital - Latvian Centre of Cardiology is the leading heart disease and cardio surgery institution in Latvia, which, according to the amount and quality of clinical treatment of patients, is one of the major cardiology centres in Europe with the world-class professionals and technology base. The key directions of export capable services - cardiac surgery, interventional cardiology and aritmology.
- Phlebology, endovascular manipulations and vascular surgery - an average of 1300 patients per year are treated, and 1200 different vascular operations are carried out at the vascular surgery centre. The main export capable service – all kinds of contemporary classical and endovascular treatment of peripheral vascular disease.
- Education and Science – The scientific work of the Hospital is closely related to the numerous specialized medical centres of the Hospital, which are the leading ones within the country and in Europe. The hospital has generated a great potential for scientific research. Every year 100 first to fourth phase research programmes in all fields of clinical medicine are carried out at the Hospital. We ensure the first phase research of new technological devices and for therapeutic methods of research. In the area of education, we offer studies in more than 135 programs in 28 different specialities. The key directions of export capable services – cardiovascular, neurological, gastroenterological, endocrinology studies.
- Surgery – The Surgery Clinic carries out a wide range of modern surgical operations, using modern technologies. The key direction of export capable service – weight reduction surgical operations.
- Oncology – The Oncology Clinic offers collaboration in both research and treatment services for cancer patients, including all types of medication therapy for oncology patients (chemotherapy, endocrine therapy, biological modulator input), as well as radiation therapy and symptomatic therapy services. Main export capable service lines – therapies for oncology patients.
- Ophthalmology – The Ophthalmology Clinic is one of the major centres throughout the Baltics for minimally invasive cataract operations. The main export capable service - cataract operations - is performed by a small cut, using the method of phacoemulsification. Implantation of multifocal intraocular lenses is possible.
- Outpatient (day) surgery – The Hospital has created a modern outpatient surgery centre, where patients are operated and can go home the same or next day to continue the treatment at home. For the patient, this means saving of time and financial resources, mobility and availability of specialists.
- Stem cells and regenerative medicine – There is ongoing development of new methods of treatment and the clinical trials of stem cells are carried out for therapeutic applications at heart disorder, diabetes and multiple sclerosis. The Centre has a modern laboratory, which is open to cooperation with any of the medical sector business partners abroad.
- Diagnostic radiology – The Diagnostic Radiology Institute is interested in cooperation for rendering ultrasound, computer tomography, magnetic resonance imaging and interventional radiology services. Our doctors of the Diagnostic Radiology Institute of the Hospital are the leaders in their branch of medicine in Latvia and also abroad. Combining lengthy experience with top-class technologies, we offer the most extensive diagnostic and lenient treatment options as export capable services.
- Dentistry and facial surgery – The Dentistry and Facial Surgery Centre of the Hospital is one of the leading oral-facial surgery centres in the Baltics. The Centre has also set up a mobile dentistry unit. The Centre performs the procurement in dental care organization, and ensures oral health centre network throughout Latvia. The key export services are consulting, professional dental hygiene, dental fillings, restoration, root canal treatment, oral surgery (including tooth extraction), dental implantation services - surgery and prosthetic dental treatment under general anaesthesia; all types of dentures.
- Kidney transplants – The Hospital is the only institution in the country, which provides organ transplantation. The main export capable service – kidney transplantation.
For all the above services at the Hospital, there are Russian and English speaking staff available, as well as high technologies and appropriate accommodation. The Hospital has already obtained the experience of working with foreign patients – non-residents, ensuring a high level of exportable services.
+371 6706 9601